Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Received that famous blue packet

Well, they said it would take 7-10 days, but I got my blue packet in only a few days!

Coming home from work yesterday, I had my mother on the phone. Upon getting out of my car, I SQUEALED!! We were both so happy to have been on the phone at the same time for that moment. Eager, I rushed inside and tore open the packet. It's amazing how much information they packed in there! Sure enough, it says I will be working as an English Resource Teacher for either secondary or primary students, leaving for Macedonia on Sept. 9.

More forms?!?!?!? Man....I thought I was just about done with filling out forms and other materials, but alas, there is more. Mainly, it isnt so bad....just things for passports, insurance, and other informative info on where I'll be and what I'll be doing. So I sent in my acceptance last night, and I spent the rest of the evening celebrating over nachos and margaritas with two of my closest pals.

Gotta say.....I was filled to tears with happiness. I was telling my housemate "Do you understand how many months I have waited for this?? Do you know how much time and money I've put into just being able to hold this packet?!" She was thrilled for me. : )

Alright guys....two months to pack and sell. Now comes the tough part.

1 comment:

  1. Macedonia?
    More congratulations to you!

    If you are interested in joining a group of Invitees going to Macedonia and also some PCVs already serving in Macedonia, go to this Facebook site:

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_182678295117094

    I am looking forward to meeting you in September.

    Best wishes with all of your planning, packing, etc.

    ReplyDelete