Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

WHAT A GOOD DAY

Another video....nothing special, but our "taco night" was beyond epic. And you get to hear me speak one sentence in Macedonia at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/user/morganpaige01?feature=mhee#p/u/0/CdP_eucCBAQ

So not much to update. I am still in a fantastic mood from finding out about my placement. I spent the entire night lounging around my house with my fellow volunteers and celebrating.

Tomorrow, we will all go to Kumanovo for another "Hub Day," which we are pretty pumped about!! Since they dont celebrate Halloween here, we are taking it upon ourselves to celebrate it while in the city tomorrow. There are 9 of us in Lozovo: 7 girls and 2 guys. So we have decided to go as Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Kenzie and Andres will be dressing up as the lady roles, complete with dresses and skirts, and the ladies will be the 7 dwarfs....myself being Doc. : ) Anywho...we are pumped, because we will get to see all the other volunteers tomorrow and get to talk about where everyone is going. We will also receive information about next week, which is when we all travel to our new placements for a few days.

Now, on the topic of Halloween, I was pretty bummed it wasnt a huge celebration here at first. THEN, I found out that they have their own form of Halloween in January. Check it out:
http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/creepyt-carnival-in-macedonia.html

So I am TOTALLY going to that!! Anywho...all in all, everything is awesome. I want to extend a warm THANK YOU to everyone who emailed me this week. I received more than I ever have, and boy did it make my day. I must say, I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family....I couldnt ask for a better support system.

Oh, and this weekend is going to be fantastic...have I told you? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment