Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

LOZOVO!!

Looks like I'm moving to Lozovo!!

I just found out this morning, and I am honestly so happy!! What I am most excited about, is that I was placed in a community with my two closest friends here!! Not to mention, the rest of the people who I will be training with in the community are AWESOME. Could not be happier with my placement. We honestly had a jumping up and down scream fest when we found out we'd all be together. SO HAPPY!!

That being said, I have about 40 minutes before I meet my host family. My language instructor told me that my mother was wonderful and that she is a school teacher at the school in Lozovo. That makes me super happy, seeing as how I'm a teacher too!!

The community itself sounds wonderful. It is a small village in the middle of the country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lozovo_Municipality
Apparently, most people have gardens and grow most of their own food. There is also a big vineyard there, so we may be picking grapes before Fall rolls around. And I'll be about 10 minutes driving distance to a larger city, which isnt bad at all. The absolute best part of it all is that none of the volunteers in Lozovo will be more than 15 walking minutes from each other. Some of us may even be a few house over. YAY!!

I am so relieved to know that I'll be close to people I care about and visa versa. So much weight has already been lifted. Now, I just have to get over the event of actually meeting my host family (which I am now super excited about) and just dive on in there!!

My next update should be updating all of you on how awesome my host mom is : ) MISS YOU ALL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well for you. Take care and be well buddy.

    ReplyDelete